MSL Classification | Cypress Semiconductor
If you know the Cypress part number:
1. Go to www.cypress.com. On the top right, you will see a “Keyword / Part Number” search box (adjacent to “Contact Us.”)
2. Select the “Part Number” tab above this text box.
3. Type the exact part number, for example CY8C29466-12PVXE.
4. The part number will be listed in the search results page.
5. Click on the part number link (1st column starting from the left). This will open a new web page.
Moisture Sensitivity Level (MSL) can be found by clicking the “Quality & Pb-free Data” link on the top, or by just scrolling down to the Quality & Pb-free Data” section about half way down the page.
All other Quality information for this part number (e.g., RoHS compliance, Lead/Ball Finish, Qualification Reports, IPC reports) can also be found on this web page.
In case of any questions, or if the information is not available for a particular part number, please create a support case at www.cypress.com/support
If you do not know the Cypress part number:
1. Go to www.cypress.com. Browse the different products (“Products” tab on the top navigation menu) by family.
2. Once you choose the relevant product family (e.g., “Clocks and Buffers->Clock Distribution,” “Memory->FIFOs”), scroll down the particular page to get to the “Parametric Product Selector.”
3. Use this tool to find the part number by function/feature, and click on the part number you are interested in. This will lead you directly to step # 5 above.